Location is good - has a great pool and also beach for swimming.
Prós: staff were friendly and helpful beyond the call of duty. The free shuttle to major tourist sites helped to defray transport costs. And the free cocktail hour, fruit and sweets, not to mention the vital water, were extras not expected. Location is great
Contras: Nothing, we had a great stay. Well, maybe just the food at the restaurants a bit pricey, but that is all over Muscat.
Prós: Clean, nice, good private beach, good breakfast buffet and special buffet nights (seafood buffet amazing). Room good, staff good. Overall a perfectly fine hotel, though not cheap.
Contras: Expensive dining options;Iranian restaurant mediocre; wine not good; a bit out of the way, so need transport to get around.
Prós: The view from the hotel room was amazing, overlooking the beach and pool! The breakfast was also very good, so many options, with seating outside with a pool view. Also the gym was so big and clean with all the equipment you could ask for
Prós: Excellent hotel for extended stay as they provide kitchen and utensils if you are interested in cooking your own food. located in a mall with theater so convenient for shopping and catching up with a movie.
Contras: Breakfast. Room rate included breakfast. But very limited options, all below par quality.
Omelette - dont order. it is egg fried in oil. they pour atleast 10 teaspoons of oil and then egg. so basically the egg is fried.
Contras: Staff could not give me a bill because the hotel room we paid for in advance. I thought its odd that I cannot get a zero balance bill in case there are issue that come up later.
Duty manager helped sort this out however.
1. Sound proofing poor
2. Table lamps with broken or missing floor switches
3. Inconsistent towel supply; varying every day
4. Some metal works in bathroom rusty
5. Armchairs were useless and I challenge any human being to be able to sit comfortably on them (later got them changed with slightly better but still uncomfortable ones).
6. Delivery of morning paper inconsistent, one day there, another day not.
7. TV picture quality very poor
8. Refrigerator not cooling (later got it replaced with a working one)
9. No advertisement of New Year party held in the hotel (found about it the day before by accident)
10. TV size not matching with room size
11. Poor lighting in the room.
Prós: Except internet, hotel is of a good business standard
Contras: Skype, hangouts, and other meetings/voice apps are blocked on the hotel internet. This makes it useless as a business hotel. Add to this Omantel's GSM roaming being broken, and you have a disaster.